Saturday, March 30, 2019

From Brian Jones' Facebook Page

Former Columbia Public School board candidate, Mr. Brian Jones- center of the picture.


Good morning all my friends in Columbia. I’ve been keeping a very close eye on the race for School Board. Even though I’m no longer in town, I do still care very deeply for the community and in particular, the children in Columbia. For that reason I find it important to share my opinion on the race.

First, please DO NOT vote for me. As I am over 400 miles away, I can no longer serve the community, so voting for me would actually hurt other deserving candidates.

Second, please exercise your right to use BOTH of your votes. There are 2 open seats, please use your voice to fill both of them.

Finally, please vote for Blake Willoughby and Dr. Della Streaty-Wilhoit for School Board. I’ve had several opportunities to speak to and work with both, and they both truly care about equity and having an inclusive Columbia School District! I thank you all dearly for supporting me, and now I ask that you support Blake and Della for School Board.

Thanks and I miss you all dearly. Please go make a difference April 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment